If you find yourself filtering your application dashboard every time you open it, consider saving your changes as a custom view. You can also use custom views to create your very own application dashboard display.
Learning more about custom views
Using the custom views feature, you achieve the following things:
- Save one of your favorite filters as a default view
- Customize available columns in your application dashboard
- Allow each of your team members to see what makes sense for them
Creating custom views
- Go to the Applications section
- Click on the Gear icon at the top left of the list to define your custom view
- Then click on the 'Plus' icon at the top right of the pop-up window to create a new custom view
From the General settings tab
- Name your view (Eg. "Process ABC" or "Rebecca's personal view").
- Define who can use your custom view (only for you or available for your team members).
- Define which process you'd like to focus on.
From the filters tab
- Pick the filters that you'd like to apply and save.
From de timeframe tab
You can choose the field and the type to select the period.
For the "field" you have different possibilities, click here for more details.
The "type" helps you to specify the period you wish to display :
- No timeframe : all applications will be displayed
- Within the last : establish a period (e.g. during the last 3 months)
- Within the next : (e.g. During the next 7 days)
- Between : establish a specific period (e.g. between March 15, 2023 and April 10, 2023)
From the Columns tab
You can also edit and save the columns in your application list
Choose the total number of columns you want and the information you want to see in them.
Here is a quick explanation of the available fields :
- The Native Attribute allows you to retrieve standard available information from the application (progress, status, owner, creation date, etc...) and the recipient (email, company, full name, etc...).
- The summary provides information such as identification, file name and process name.
- Item status and value of a form field: Depending on the process chosen in the filters, other choice elements will be displayed to make your view more personalized.
If you choose the value of a form field, the available fields will be displayed in your view, depending on the process chosen. (E.g. Column 3).
If you choose the item status, the steps of the chosen process will be displayed. So, choose the step of the process that you want to see the status.
Here is an example:
- Native attribute: Creation date
- Status of an element of the selected process : Finance
- Then name the columns you have chosen (preferably choose a short name).
Here is the customized view:
Then name the columns you have chosen (preferably choose a short name).
Please sign in to leave a comment.