This article describes the configuration steps required to get the configuration information that you'll use to enable SSO authentication with Google workspace.
⚠️ Please read this article for an overview of the whole configuration process.
Step 1: Clustdoc account configuration
Read this article.
Step 2: Google Workspace configuration
⚠️If any of the steps below doesn't work, please refer to this original article from Google
1) Sign in to your Google Admin console.
2) In the Admin console, go to Menu AppsWeb and mobile apps and Click Add AppAdd custom SAML app
3) On the App Details page
- Enter the name of the custom app.
- (Optional) Upload an app icon. The app icon appears on the Web and mobile apps list, on the app settings page, and in the app launcher. If you don't upload an icon, an icon is created using the first two letters of the app name.
4) On the Google Identity Provider details page
Copy the values that are displayed on the screen. You’ll have to copy them in the configuration window later.
5) Edit Service providers details
In the Service Provider Details window, enter the following values :
6) On the Attribute mapping page, click Add another mapping to map additional attributes.
Edit the Attributes First name, Last name and Primary email. Enter the information as in the picture below. Note that even if we recommend to use email, firstname and lastname, you can enter any value you want.
Like in step 4, please copy the values you entered. By default, they should be email, firstname and lastname.
7)Turn on your SAML app
In the Admin console, go back to the Web and mobile Apps menu
- Select the SAML app that you just created.
- Click User access.
- To turn a service on or off for everyone in your organization, click On for everyone or Off for everyone, and then click Save.
You Google workspace configuration is now done.
Step 3: Clustdoc configuration
Enter the following information in the client configuration.
Copy and paste the values saved in step 4 and step 6 of Google Workspace configuration section described earlier in this article.
|Field to fill in||Field value to copy||Google Workspace configuration section|
|1 Entity ID||Entity ID||Step 4|
|2 Login url||SSO URL||Step 4|
|2 Logout url||SSO URL||Step 4|
|3 Certificate||Certificate string||Step 6|
|4 Email||Primary email||Step 6|
|5 First name||First name||Step 6|
|6 Last name||Last name||Step 6|