An external member is a person who needs to submit applications on behalf of a group of stakeholders, there are not paid users since they don't have access to the admin interface. Learn more here.Step 1. Whitelisting external members
- Click on your Profile picture>Set up Team> Users> External members and add manually the list of contacts who need to access a member portal.
Step 2. Authorizing external members
- Send them their credentials (email & access code). They do not receive an automated email from Clustdoc.
⚠️ Click on the lock to update their access code
Optional. Tagging applications created by external members
Using the tagging system, you can make sure applications submitted by external members are automatically tagged in your system.
- Click on the little gear next to the external member to automatically tag incoming applications
If you haven't yet created tags, you can just add them there, the list of tags will show in your list of applications.
📌 The external member experience
- Grab the access link of external members
- Log on to the interface using an external members email and access code
You'll see that external members will access a secure member portal where they'll be able to create applications on behalf of anyone else based on your current processes.
External members should enter their own information details in this pop-up when creating an application, so they stay in the loop.
Please note that they do not receive an invitation email, you'll need to send them manually the credentials.