In this article, we discussed how to create an e-contract. Once you've started preparing your documents for signature you may be wondering what each of the options translates to. Let's discover this:
E-contract options and available fields
A. These are the main fields you can use to prepare your e-contract templates (in the toolbox for future use or in a process) or documents (in an application).
B. Once you drag and drop one field, more customization options are available to you such as assigning the field to a stakeholder (previously defined in your process), updating the field's name or content and size/font.
C. Signing Options: Allow you to activate or disable the signed copy email, match this template with a specific contract (in case you want to map out stakeholders) and assign and signing order.
- A Signature placeholder: where your stakeholders or yourself can sign
- A text field: a text area where recipients can add their name for example
Text field multiline (or paragraph)
You can activate the Multiline option to capture longer texts.
- A date field: a text area where recipients can add a specific date for example.
- A checkbox: a tick box if you want to capture consent, for example.
- A merge field: a form field or a dynamic field available in your applications for existing forms.