In this article, we talked about the different methods available to connect Clustdoc and your favorite tools.
Thanks to the power of Clustdoc, options are so many! In this article, we're going to discover a more specific use case, how to connect Clustdoc with Salesforce.
ⓘ In any organization, It's usually recommended to have a technical person or IT Manager handle integration work.
Clustdoc & Salesforce : un winning strategy
Salesforce is the world's leading CRM platform. It helps your Marketing, Sales, Retail, Service, and IT teams work together-wherever they are-to keep your customers happy everywhere.
Combining Salesforce and Clustdoc is an excellent strategy, as Clustdoc, a customer onboarding technology, acts as a qualification and conversion tool for leads managed in your CRM.
For this example, we're going to focus on Zapier.
Sending documents from Clustdoc to Salesforce
1. Connect to Zapier
3. Choose the Clustdoc trigger called "New document Added"
4. On the Salesforce side, documents will be sent in two steps, you'll then need to choose 2 actions being : "Find Records in Salesforce" and "Create Attachment in Salesforce"
5. Your Zap should look like this.
Zoom on the Clustdoc trigger
6. Once you've selected your Clustdoc trigger, identify the related process for which this whole integration will apply.
Zoom on Salesforce action: Find Record
ⓘ If the data field you're looking for is not available in Zapier, we recommend that you reached out to the app editor (aka Salesforce) or the person who set up your Salesforce account)
7. The first action you need to add is the 'Find Record', then go ahead and set it up
8. Let's finalize today the 'Find Record' action
• (#1) First, select the right type of 'Object' (Whether it's an Opportunity, a Contact, a Custom Object. etc), Salesforce should automatically display this information
• (#2) Then, select the field that allow you to search for the related field in Salesforce
E.g; If you want to use email to identify the related object, then email should be selected on both apps for matching purposes;
• (#3) Select the value of the field on Clustdoc
Zoom on Salesforce Action: Create Attachment
You're almost done. All you have to do now it set up the action that will actually push the documents to your Salesforce CRM.
• Add the second action 'Create attachment' and set up this specific action
• Select the field containing the file to be sent. It will always be the field called 'Attachment'
• As seen above, select the Salesforce 'Object' that must be updated
• Select the 'Object' that will receive the files. In our scenario, you can find it in the 'Find record in Salesforce' available under the 'Custom' tab.
Kudos, you're now done with your setup. Do not forget to test it out.
Frequently Asked Questions
I can't do this integration, can you help?
If you do have questions on Clustdoc triggers, please reach out to our tech team from this page. Our expertise covers Clustdoc itself (as well as Clustdoc app in Zapier).
In case you have any issue or question regarding Salesforce, feel free to contact directly their technical support.
In case your questions is related to Zapier itself, you can contact them here.
Can I do this type of integration with Hubspot or any other CRM?
Absolutely, just follow the outline of this article (small adjustments may be required by on available actions build by your CRM provider in Zapier).
Essentially, the above steps will be the same to send documents from Clustdoc to Hubspot or any other CRM available on Zapier.